Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's 1 AM!!

This week is spiritual advancement week. 

We have 2 chapel services everyday this week except Monday and Friday and out guest speaker is Hank Williams. The services have been really great and I have enjoyed worshipping in the chapel so often. Hank and his wife are from Tuscaloosa, Alabama and they happen to know Pastor Steve and Beth from Burnips. The Wesleyan world is so small!

We've been finding that the devil is more powerful here than expected. I believe it is because he knows that we are here to serve God and to learn more about working for Him and expanding His family. The devil hates this and is therefore working overtime to distract us. It's hard to stay close to God when you are being hit so hard, but I have found my faith growing immensely in the past couple of days with the extra spiritual boost. Please pray that we are able to ward the devil off and continue to grow closer to God and His perfect will for our lives. 

Tonight my roommate, Alyssa, Amanda and I went to our first hockey game of the year! We met up with some our guy friends here, from the group Atlantic and went to watch a couple of them play.  It was a pre-season game, so it wasn't all particularly hardcore or entertaining, but it was fun to watch for sure! There weren't many people there but we sat with a couple Bethany people and a couple of the guys. It was fun to hang out and laugh at people biffing it on the ice! ;) 

Tomorrow is a light day...I have a 8:00 class and a 2 hour 3:30 class. It's nice to have all the free time and I am sure I will be working on homework! Amanda and I have the same schedule and Alyssa has no classes; Tuesdays and Thursdays are wonderful!! 

This weekend Amanda and I are going home with a friend to Fredericton. It will be a good time I'm sure!! A couple of people from school live there, so we will be hanging out with them and also having an early thanksgiving!! I am so excited! There is a concert on Friday night that we were invited to, and a couple of friends will be at, so hopefully we get to go to that. This weekend will be much different from last, which I'm thankful for! A change of pace is always nice....

Well its nearly 1:00am... I am a night owl for sure! Alyssa and I are having a 'sleepover' tonight! All the girls on my floor are pretty close so we always have sleepovers, get togethers and share clothes. Its super fun! Even though Alyssa isnt on our floor, she basically lives there and we welcome her into all our crazy adventures and clothes swapping. :) Dorm life is great!

Goodnight friends and family! If  you stop in leave me a little note so that I know you were here!  Have a blessed Thursday! 

LOVE!

0 comments: