Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Back in Canada after a 25 hour drive....a long, humourous 25 hour drive. :)
6 freshman students, 1 mature student and a 14 year old cat caused many laughs and an amazing amount of death threats (towards the cat, I promise!) The ride back was a nice time of fellowship, as we were all in good spirits after seeing family/friends and enjoying a weekend off. I learned quite a bit about the people in the van, and enjoyed hearing some of their views on the election, God's plans for the church, ministry and etc. I always enjoy conversations that cause me to think. 

It's pretty good to be back, suprisingly.
I had a fantastic weekend at home, and greatly enjoyed seeing family and friends. I miss everyone already, but I was so blessed in getting to go home for a few days. It was amazing to see everyone. I particularly enjoyed getting to see my youth group and having a few conversations with some of the kids. I miss them lots when Im not home! I can only pray that the older students will step up and be a good example to the younger since we can no longer attempt to play a mentoring role.

I am greatly going to miss Thanksgiving this year!! The students who stayed on campus this weekend went to Beulah for turkey dinner, and there is quite possibly turkey dinner on the day of American Thanksgiving but knowing BBC it will probably be chicken!! (I joke, I joke!) Simply put, Thanksgiving at home is not the same as it is otherwise!

I had a phenomenal testimony shared with me last night, and when I have permisson to share, I might. I have recently walked in the wilderness when it comes to my faith; a place of searching, not knowing and not feeling God...and I have, this weekend, had my eyes opened greatly. After hearing my friends testimony of what God has been doing I am speechless and know that God has some serious plans for life. I am forever astonished by  the way that God reveals Himself to us.

Class goes on...I should be paying closer attention. :) Love to you all. 

0 comments: