Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This is AMAZING.

Lately God has been moving in incredible ways on campus. No...not incredible....amazing. Well, actually Im not even sure I have adequate words for it, but He has been moving through this campus and His work has become completely evident. 


Last night one of my friend's stories was shared with me. My friend was recently walking through Sussex and saw a girl; the girl seemed to be overtaken with darkness and depression. Instantly, my friend was drawn to her and began to feel burdened for her. The girl, who we've come to call Britney, avoided my friend and the group but my friends heart went with her. Throughout the day while my friend was going about school she went through a series of emotions feeling as though she was gagging, she had a panic attack and many other things. I, along with others, firmly believe she was feeling Britney's pain to a certain extent. Last night a few people who felt led to go with my friend, Sarah, went to try and meet Britney. Earlier in the day Sarah felt led to leave a note asking Britney to meet her at 6, and they went in faith to do so.

Meanwhile, seven of us met here on campus in the prayer room in our chapel. There we felt the presence of God surround us and prayed against the devil. We all felt hugely burdened for the situation and the hour was a huge time of faith and hope for Sarah. At around 7 we felt the need to go down to Sussex, and so left the prayer chapel to walk down the hill. On the way to go down to Sussex we met some of the people who had been with Sarah and learned that although the devil tried to do some trippy things, Britney did not show up.

With this news we prayed for Sarah and headed down the hill. I felt an enormous burden for Britney and as we walked we prayed for this precious, opressed girl. As we got closer to Sussex, something in me (God, yah?) said that we needed to go to Subway. Soooo....we headed towards Subway. Kiddy corner from Subway we encountered a group of teens and I felt soo burdened for them; I knew this is the reason God told me to come this way. We ended up going to Tim Horton's, buying 15 hot chocolates and 40 donut holes (Timbits), and taking them back to the kids. We got rid of all of the hot chocolate! 

After distributing the food, we just hung out with the kids and built some relationships. We ended up praying with them and then one of them prayed for us. I almost cried, it was so precious! We got some names and then invited them to hang out on campus. God truly moved through us on the streets Sussex.

Tonight Sarah went to go find Britney again. A larger group of us met in the chapel and prayed, read scripture and warded satan off. I was praying immensely for Sarah to have peace and for God to do his will. Nearly and hour after we started praying Sarah walked in with a face of peace; I instantly knew it was okay. She explained that Britney had not been there, but God had given her an enourmous peace. As a group we thanked God.

This story is amazing. God has showed His power in such great ways.  My faith in Him has grown and I cannot wait to see what He has planned.



MIDTERMS....STUDY TIME!!

0 comments: