Monday, November 17, 2008

I WANT SNOW!!!!

It's snowing like crazy at home and I want snow here!! It's super cold, but we haven't had the slightest hint of snow, and weather reports say its not coming for awhile. BUMMER. I would really love some of that white stuff ((it'll make me feel a bit more at home! )). As an inspiration for the snow to come I decorated our room tonight; a green curtain over the window, snowflake 'garland' ((from my grams! )), candy canes and of course our christmas lights. It looks really cute! Plus, we've been dowloading Christmas music all night and it's been playing loudly since after dinner!! I said I wouldn't break any of the Christmas stuff out until after Thanksgiving, but I REALLY want snow and I am feeling very festive!


On Sunday Alyssa and I, along with 2 other Michigan girls got invited over for Dinner. It was WONDERFUL. All of the food was prepared from scratch and we got to help in the kitchen! We enjoyed yummy chicken, ham, squash, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, salad, and peas. For dessert we had cake that Alyssa and I prepared; chocolate cake with hand whipped cream, ice cream, homemade fudge sauce, and cherries. We were SO spoiled!! It all tasted so good, and I am not sure that the family knew how much they blessed us. I am so thankful for those simple gestures.

Today I only had class from 8-10, 11-12. I had the whole afternoon off and enjoyed some extra sleep; it was lovely. Tonight Alyssa and I walked down to Dairy Queen and enjoyed non-campus food. We talked some and enjoyed time away, campus is nice, but sometimes you need a breather! Non-campus food is always nice too!!

Tonight I am headed to bed early, 2 hour Psychology classes at 8am on Tuesdays kill  me! It will be nice to be in bed before 1am.

Photobucket

picture of  me :) My hair has gotten really long since I've been here! This weekend I am getting my bangs cut, which will be nice because they are very long. 

well I am headed out. Love you all. 25 more days....

0 comments: