Thursday, November 6, 2008

Encounter

Encounter is this weekend! More than 250 students will be on campus and I am excited to see some new faces! My apartment has 9 girls staying in it, besides the 3 that will be here this weekend, it's going be a fun time trying to juggle 12 girls and one bathroom! :) It will be fun though, I remember my visit to BBC being a great time.

Encounter is a 24 hour event and many high school students from all over North America come to participate in fun, rallies and to learn more about the school. I am excited for the students so be here and for us to get to know them! It will be a good weekend Im sure.

Tonight the girls in my apartment and I went to Wal*Mart and did some shopping for the weekend. We bough crepe paper, christmas lights, poster board and and cookie dough. We decorated our front hall and arranged our lounge so there is plenty of floor space for them to crash on. :)

We all made posters, and I will post pictures in a bit!
:) Home in 35ish days, I am very excited!


Photobucket

the hallway with Christmas lights and posters!

Photobucket

welcome to Booster! (Encounter was called Booster until this year, so the name stuck a bit!)

Photobucket

the poster I made...Welcome to 210!

Photobucket

Some fun "rules" we made up...
1. Eat Cookies
2. Have fun!
3. Repeat number 2 and laugh your face off
4. Dance parties are always permitted and expected!
5. Enjoy Booster!
6. Kissing boys is BAD (it said fun, but that got crossed off for obvious reasons :)), just dont do it at Bethany!

We only ended up having one girl in our apt, but she enjoyed the poster and felt very welcomed. All the girls in JP are still enjoying the decor in our hall and it is a cheery environment to walk in everyday! There ended up being 350 kids on campus! The weekend was a good one :)

0 comments: